Section 1 – General (applicable to everyone)
Section 2 – Publishers
Section 3 – Users
Section 4 – Affiliate Networks
“Agreement”: an agreement between (i) a Publisher or a Merchant and (ii) Monetizer101.
“Computer”: a device used for accessing digital information including but not limited to desktops, laptops, tablets, mobile phones and other connected devices.
“Merchant”: a supplier of goods and/or services to Users, or individuals representing such a supplier, which may also be authorised by Monetizer101 to access and use the Service under the terms of an Agreement.
“Personal Information”: information relating to an identified or identifiable individual.
“Publisher”: a person or other entity who is entitled to access and use the Service under the terms of an Agreement, or individuals representing such a person or entity.
“Publisher Tools”: means (i) Monetizer101 Code and (ii) Monetizer101 API, either of which Publishers can use to affiliate Merchant links with the purpose of earning Publisher Commissions and obtaining insights via the Publisher Hub.
“Publisher Hub”: Monetizer101’ proprietary, login-protected web portal that may be accessed by Publishers at publishers.monetizer101.com to access and configure Tools, view performance and billing reports, and search for participating Merchants.
“Service”: access to and use of (i) the Publisher Hub and (ii) the Tools.
“Monetizer101 Code” is computer code which, when added to a web page or a global footer, enables the Service on a Monetizer101 Enabled Site.
“Monetizer101 Enabled Site” a Publisher’s website running one or more Tools.
“Tools” means Publisher Tools.
“Usage Data”: data collected or created by the use of the Service, including but not limited to device type, browser-type, operating system, your ip address, domain name, the web page that you visit or have visited, the actions that you take on those websites, the date and time of your visits, broad geographic location (e.g. country or city-level location) and other technical information.
“User”: an end-user experiencing one or more of the Tools on a Monetizer101 Enabled Site.
“You”: anyone who interacts with our website, including Publishers and Users.
| Section 1
This section applies to everyone who visits, or otherwise interacts, with our website or Monetizer101 Enabled Sites.
How we keep your Personal Information secure
We rely on cloud hosting services by AWS Europe S.à r.l., 38 avenue John F. Kennedy, 1855 Luxembourg.
We use appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect the Personal Information that we collect and process about you. The measures we use are designed to provide a level of security appropriate to the risk of processing your Personal Information. Specific measures we use include storing your Personal Information on secure, firewall-protected servers that are located in secure facilities. These technology and security features, as well as strict internal guidelines, are designed to safeguard the privacy of your Personal Information from unauthorised access or improper use. We will continue to enhance security as new technology becomes available. Access to your Personal Information is only granted to Monetizer101 staff who require such access. Backups are run to reduce the risk of loss of information, and our Internet servers are housed in secure facilities. We have security measures in place to protect our customer database and access to this database is restricted internally. While we take the steps described above to ensure that your information is secure on our system, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk.
International data transfers
Your Personal Information may be transferred using Monetizer101’ content distribution network to, and processed in, countries other than the country in which it has been collected or in which you are resident. These countries may have data protection laws that are different to the laws of your country (and, in some cases, may not be as protective).
Specifically, our website servers, our Service servers and third party service providers and partners operate in the EU, Asia, Australia, Africa and American continents. This means that when we collect your Personal Information we may process it in any part of these regions or countries.
All our data transfers are safeguarded by the European Commission’s Standard Contractual Clauses and Data Processing Agreements where this is required by European Data Protection Law, and we can provide you with additional information about them upon request.
Your data protection rights
You have the following data protection rights:
- If you wish to access, correct, update or request deletion of your Personal Information, you can do so at any time by contacting us using the contact details provided under the “Contacting Monetizer101” heading below.
- In addition, you can object to processing of your Personal Information, ask us to restrict processing of your Personal Information or request portability of your Personal Information. Again, you can exercise these rights by contacting us using the contact details provided under the “Contacting Monetizer101” heading below.
- If we have collected and processed your Personal Information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your Personal Information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
- Finally, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the competent data protection authority if you think that your data has been processed unlawfully. However, we would appreciate it if you could reach out to us first so that we can look into the issue for you.
We respond to all requests we receive from individuals wishing to exercise their data protection rights in accordance with applicable data protection laws.
Legal basis for processing Personal Information
However, we will normally collect Personal Information from you only where (i) we have your consent to do so, (ii) where we need the Personal Information to perform a contract with you, or (iii) where the processing is in our legitimate interests and not overridden by your data protection interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. In some cases, we may also have a legal obligation to collect Personal Information from you. If we ask you to provide Personal Information to comply with a legal requirement or to perform a contact with you, we will make this clear at the relevant time and advise you whether the provision of your Personal Information is mandatory or not (as well as of the possible consequences if you do not provide your Personal Information).
Similarly, if we collect and use your Personal Information in reliance on our legitimate interests (or those of any third party), this interest will normally be to provide our Services and for our commercial interests, for instance, when responding to your queries, improving our platform, undertaking marketing, or for the purposes of detecting or preventing illegal activities. We may have other legitimate interests and if appropriate we will make clear to you at the relevant time what those legitimate interests are.
If you have questions about or need further information concerning the legal basis on which we collect and use your Personal Information, please let us know.
Via Cantonale 19
| Section 2
This section describes what information is collected by Monetizer101 from Publishers through the Publisher Hub, and how that information is used by Monetizer101.
What information we collect from Publishers
When a Publisher signs up to use the Service through the Publisher Hub, we collect and store the following categories of Personal Information:
- name of the Publisher and, if different, the name of the Publisher contact
- email address
- telephone number
- website information
- bank/PayPal details
- payment & VAT Information
How we use Publisher information
We use this Publisher information to perform our obligations under the Agreement, including:
- to allow Publishers to access the Publisher Hub
- to assess the suitability of Monetizer101 Enabled Sites for the Service
- to contact Publishers to help them with registration, use and optimisation of the Service
- to pay Publishers their share of the commissions earned through the Service
- to communicate with Publishers on Monetizer101-related matters
- to provide Publishers with performance and billing information
- to improve the service we provide to Publishers based on how Publishers use our service and the tools which we provide to them.
Before dropping cookies onto your Computer for which consent is needed we will display a banner and give you the option to proceed or not and let you know what constitutes consent.
Third-party services used on monetizer101.com
We use the following third-party services on monetizer101.com:
We use the Google Analytics service of Google LLC, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA (hereinafter “Google LLC”). This service allows us to analyze the use of our website using cookies. For this purpose, the information generated by the cookie, such as your anonymized IP address, is transmitted on our behalf to a Google LLC server in the USA, where it is stored and analyzed. On this website Google Analytics has been modified using the “gat._anonymizeIp();” code. This ensures an anonymized collection of IP addresses. The anonymization of your IP address is usually done by shortening your IP address by Google LLC within the European Union or in other contracting states of the European Economic Area (EEA). In exceptional cases, your IP address is transmitted to a Google LLC server in the USA and only anonymized there. Your IP address transmitted in this way will not be merged with other data from Google LLC. As part of Google Analytics’ advertising functionality, remarketing cookies are set and reports on performance by demographic characteristics and interests are created. The purpose of these methods is to use information about user behavior to tailor advertising measures more closely to the interests of the respective users. As part of these remarketing functionalities, personalised advertising can be displayed on other websites on the basis of the user’s browsing behavior on this website. In this context, advertising may relate products that the user has previously viewed on the website. If you have consented to your web and app browsing history being linked to your Google account by Google and information from your Google account being used to personalize ads, Google will use this data for cross-device remarketing.
You can object to the collection of your data by Google Analytics at any time. The following options are available to you for this purpose:
You can also prevent the collection and processing of this data by Google LLC by downloading and installing the browser add-on available at the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
The data processing, in particular the setting of cookies, is carried out with your consent, art. 6(1)(a) GDPR. You can withdraw your consent at any time.
For more information, please visit http://www.google.com/analytics/terms/de.html or https://policies.google.com/.
| Section 3
What is Monetizer101?
Monetizer101 offers a service to Publishers to help them earn an income from their commerce-related content. The service works by adding price comparison widgets and product galleries containing links which, if clicked, takes the User to a Merchant website where the products and/or services can be purchased. If the User then buys something as a result of clicking on these links, the Publisher is paid a referral fee by the Merchant through Monetizer101. This referral fee does not come out of Users’ pockets, nor does it affect the price Users pay or the experience Users have on the Merchant’s site.
In order for referral fees and commissions to be paid by Merchants to Publishers, Monetizer101 works with affiliate networks and other ad networks that manage the relationships between Monetizer101 and the Merchants.
What does Monetizer101 do on Monetizer101 Enabled Sites?
When a User clicks on a link created by a Tool, Monetizer101 attaches a click’s unique identifier number so it passes to the appropriate affiliate network for the purpose of tracking whether that User makes a purchase on the Merchant website they visit. The affiliate and ad networks that work with Monetizer101 also use their own cookies in order to track if a sale has occurred, as most of these parties will only pay Publishers when a referral has been successful, i.e. a sale was completed. We do not have control over or access to these cookies and they are dropped by the affiliate and ad networks via our Monetizer101 Enabled Sites.
What information relating to Users does Monetizer101 collect?
Monetizer101 will not knowingly collect or store any information which enables us to determine the actual identity of Users visiting a Monetizer101 Enabled Site.
What information does Monetizer101 collect about Users through its technology and how does it use this information?
- We process Users’ IP addresses, from which we can determine a User’s approximate geographical location (e.g. country or region). We need this information to optimize the links that are created/monetized to suit the geography of the User, and to provide aggregate reporting to Publishers, Merchants and Advertisers on the location of users visiting Monetizer101 Enabled Sites. We also temporarily store and use IP addresses as part of our efforts to reduce fraud and identify non-human browsing patterns.
- We store information about the device that a User uses to access sites within our Publisher network, such as the browser type, browser version, and type of device. This helps us ensure we can diagnose and fix browser compatibility issues more swiftly, optimize our service to suit the preferred browsing environments, and provide aggregate reporting to Publishers, Merchants and Advertisers.
- As part of the information available in standard web serving logs, we also store information about the referrer, i.e. the website page from which the User linked to the Monetizer101 Enabled Site.
- To provide Publishers and Merchants with the Service, we collect information on visits and sales on Monetizer101 Enabled Sites, including but not limited to order value, products bought, and order identifiers. These are used to help Publishers, Merchants and Advertisers make better marketing and content creation decisions.
- At no time do we directly know who a User is, nor do we make any attempt to try and directly identify a User.
What we share with third parties
We only share anonymous information with Publishers to optimise our Advertiser and Merchant relationships and increase revenue yields for Publishers. No personal data is ever shared with third parties.
| Section 4